The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra is a professional, per-service orchestra performing approximately 125 services annually in the Orlando/Central Florida area. For questions about auditions, contact Kevin Brooks, Orchestra Personnel Manager.
Job Opening: Manager of Corporate & Foundation Giving
The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra is one of Central Florida’s premiere arts organizations. Each year we perform over 100 concerts in a variety of settings from concert halls to public parks and we regularly collaborate with other artistic and community partners. Our administrative staff are an invaluable group of individuals who work together to ensure the smooth operation of a large and exciting music organization. We invite you to apply to join our growing team.
Position: Manager of Corporate & Foundation Giving
Classification: FLSA exempt
Position Summary: The Manager of Corporate & Foundation Giving is responsible for securing funds from corporations and foundations to support the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. The Manager of Corporate & Foundation Giving will identify new relationships and cultivate/steward existing relationships to maximize corporate and foundation giving in alignment with organization priorities. This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to develop, cultivate, and steward relationships with businesses and foundations to ensure funding
- Focus on securing support for institutional priorities, including annual operations, concert and education programming, special projects, and capital needs
- Perform ongoing research to identify and qualify corporate and foundation prospects
- Manage the grant application process for corporate and private foundations
- Oversee sponsor receptions and benefits related to special events
- Prepare promotional materials for corporate/foundation giving
- Work collaboratively with and in support of other staff, board, and committee members to establish, execute, and evaluate fundraising strategies and goals
- Develop sponsorship criteria, oversee sponsorship agreements, track sponsor prospects and renewals, and prepare acknowledgement letters
- Maintain accurate records of corporate and foundation funding and report regularly on progress
- Prepare reports for board and committee meetings
- Attend concerts and support events as needed
- Serve as an ambassador within the community
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- At least 2 years’ direct fundraising experience
- Experience working with corporate/foundation funders strongly desired
- Experience with Tessitura or similar CRM preferred
- Experience planning and managing special events preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior communication and writing skills
- An understanding of and belief in the mission of the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- Music/arts background and deep knowledge of the Central Florida community a plus
Candidates interested in the position can request a full Job Description and Employment Application by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.