The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra’s education and community programs have something for everyone!
- For new moms and dads who want to know more about how music can help their baby grow, we offer an informative and fun annual concert called the Expectant Parents concert.
- Young children and their families love our Symphony Storytime Series, a 30 minute concert starring our instrument families that brings stories to life.
- A crucial part of music education in Central Florida, our Young People’s Concerts are many student’s first full orchestra concerts, featuring orchestral classics, ballet, opera, and stunning visuals.
- Aspiring middle and high school musicians can attend our Overture Series, concert programs where Philharmonic musicians perform amazing chamber works and talk about what it takes to be a musicians.
- The Backstage Pass and Open Dress Rehearsal programs allow student ensembles to attend Philharmonic performances and exclusive dress rehearsals to inspire higher levels of musicianship.
- The High School Orchestra of Distinction program gives high school orchestras the chance to receive valuable feedback from seasoned musicians and educators with the possibility of securing a long-term partnership with the Philharmonic for their school.
- Patients at the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Nemours Children’s Hospital receive special attention and music when they need it most as part of our Arts and Wellness initiatives
- Select partner elementary schools receive after-school visits from our musicians for 5 weeks as part of our Notes in Your Neighborhood program.
- Every year, the Philharmonic presents several free outdoor concerts at public parks in Orlando and surrounding areas. These concerts are a great introduction to the Philharmonic and are great for all ages.
We are always adding new programs and initiatives. “Like” our Facebook page to stay in the loop!
Yes! To request a quote for special event, contact us directly at email@example.com or (407) 896.6700, ext. 229.
To request information about booking a field trip or coordinating a school visit, fill out our simple online field trip request form and a Philharmonic representative will contact you shortly.
We have several events that are perfect for families. Here is a brief list of the scheduled events we offer and the recommended age for your child. Be sure to join our Facebook page as we offer additional events through the year.
- Symphony Storytime (Plaza Live Theater)– Great for ages 3-7. Symphony Storytime includes 30 minutes of pre-show activities that are perfect for ages 3-7, including instrument try-out stations, coloring areas, and sound matching activities.New this year, we will be offering a toddler corner for parents who wish to bring younger children. The concert that follows is 30 minutes long, and includes introductory music showcasing the instrument family plus the story of the day. For more information visit our Symphony Storytime page.
Young People’s Concerts– Great for grades 3-5. This 45 minute concert takes place at the Bob Carr Theater on weekdays, so it’s perfect for field trips. The educational materials are created for grades 3-5, but older and younger students enjoy the concert as well because of the high quality music. This concert is perfect for students who have little experience with orchestral music and who benefit from hearing short excerpts of several types of music.
We offer educational programs in a variety of settings. Our most common venues are:
Plaza Live Theater (425 North Bumby Avenue | Orlando, FL 32803)
Symphony Storytime Series | Overture Series | Expectant Parents
Bob Carr Theater (401 West Livingston Street | Orlando, FL 32801)
Young People’s Concerts
Special events are offered at various venues throughout the city. We’ve offered programs at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Loch Haven Park, Central Park (Winter Park), and many more.
Education events are available year-round! Generally, the Young People’s Concerts and the Overture Series take place in the fall from September-November, Symphony Storytime occurs from November-May, and many of our special events occur in the Spring. ‘Like‘ us on Facebook or join our mailing list to stay in the loop
We’re so happy you’re interested in being involved or learning more! Visit out Adult Education page to learn more about the Friends of the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, the volunteer organization for the Orlando Philharmonic.
All education program offerings are un-ticketed. This allows us to minimize fees and keep costs low so these concerts are affordable for everyone!
If you’ve placed an order, you will be on our list for pre-show check-in. You should receive an automated email from us as well. If you haven’t, feel free to contact our education department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 896-6700, ext. 232.