Friday, March 13, 2020
Updated Thursday, March 26, 2020
We want to give you an update on our preparedness surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra is working alongside our venue operators to closely monitor developments. First and foremost is the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and performers.
Based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Orange County, and the City of Orlando urging against gatherings of 10 people or more, we have decided to postpone all Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra events currently scheduled through Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Postponed events include:
- March 14 Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- March 18 Community Conversation at The Plaza Live
- March 21 American Rhapsody (FAIRWINDS Classics Series)
- April 4 Cirque de la Symphonie: Cirque Goes Broadway (Pops Series)
- April 5 Winter Park Spring Pops
- April 20 Duke Ellington, American Icon (Focus Series)
- April 23 Community Conversation at The Plaza Live
- April 25 Tchaikovsky’s 5th (FAIRWINDS Classics Series)
Canceled events include:
- April 19 UCF Young Composers Challenge
- March 27-29, 31 Opera Orlando production of The Daughter of the Regiment
Current ticket holders will be able to use their tickets on the rescheduled dates. The dates of the rescheduled/postponed concerts will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will continue to monitor the situation through updates from local, state, and national authorities. Events will be monitored on an event-by-event basis, and patrons will be notified in a timely manner with any information which may change our future programming. For the latest updates, please visit our website and concert pages.
Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Administrative & Box Office
Due to the mandate from Orange County Government, our offices are temporarily closed to all patrons and staff starting Thursday, March 26. Our staff is working remotely during this time and will be happy to assist you.
- Ticket Sales can be done over the phone with our Patron Services Team at 407.770.0071, Online at orlandophil.org, or you can email the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a question about a current ticket order, your subscription, or next season; please contact the Patron Services Team.
- For all other questions, please email email@example.com or call 407.896.6700.
We remind you all to follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) hygiene practices at all times to reduce exposure:
- Washing your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and/or experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are in high-traffic, high-touch areas
In the event that you feel sick or unwell it is best to stay home.
We recognize that this is a very difficult time for the whole community and in particular our arts partners. The financial impact for our musicians will be wide-spread and your support to keep the music playing is now more important than ever! Please consider a tax-deductible donation to the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
The Philharmonic will be back on stage, the music will play on, and we look forward to seeing you in the audience!
Paul A. Helfrich
Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra