Join us after each concert for hands-on activities in The Plaza Live lobby, including:
- Instrument Try-Outs: musicians help children try their hand at playing different instruments!
- Musical Steps – Children get to act out the characters they’ll hear in the story of the day with Orlando Philharmonic musicians!
- Character Colors: children color in their own Symphony Storytime booklet
- Photo Op: take photographs of your children as musicians
- Toddler Zone especially for ages 0-2!
Paddington Bear’s First Concert (November 4 and 12, 2017)
Paddington Bear, found at Paddington Station by Mr. and Mrs. Brown, is a polite bear who loves to explore and learn. One day, while visiting his friend Mr. Gruber, he reveals he’s never attended a live orchestra concert.
Mr. Gruber takes his whole family to a concert where Paddington learns about “surprising” symphonies, the orchestra’s family, and discovers his love of music and conducting. Presented by the woodwind family with some friends.
The Jazz Fly (January 21 and 27, 2018)
The Jazz Fly is lost, trying to find his way to a very important performance. He meets several animals along the way, but they don’t understand him. When he finally gets to the hall, the Jazz Fly is inspired by all the animals he meets and steals the show! Presented by an Orlando Philharmonic jazz quartet.
The Runaway Bunny (March 11 and 17, 2018)
“Once there was a little bunny who decided to run away.” An imaginative game of hide and seek begins and the love between a mother and her child is found over and over again. Margaret Wise Brown’s timeless classic is brought to life by an Orlando Philharmonic piano trio just in time for Easter.
Jack and the Beanstalk (May 6 and 12, 2018)
A little boy named Jack sells the family cow for some magic beans and discovers a world filled with magic harps, golden eggs, and giants with castles in the sky. An original Philharmonic presentation starring the Orlando Philharmonic brass family.