The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra’s education and community programs have something for everyone!
- Young children and their families love our Symphony Storytime Series, a 30 minute concert starring our instrument families that bring stories to life.
- A crucial part of music education in Central Florida, our Young People’s Concerts are many student’s first full orchestra concert, featuring orchestral classics, ballet, opera, and stunning visuals.
- The Backstage Pass and Open Dress Rehearsal programs allow student ensembles to attend Orlando Philharmonic performances and exclusive dress rehearsals to inspire higher levels of musicianship.
- The High School Orchestra of Distinction program gives high school orchestras the chance to receive valuable feedback from seasoned musicians and educators with the possibility of securing a long-term partnership with the Orlando Philharmonic for their school.
- Select partner schools, hospitals, and organizations receive school visits from our musicians as part of our Notes in Your Neighborhood program.
- Every year, the Orlando Philharmonic presents several free outdoor concerts at public parks in Orlando and surrounding areas. These concerts are a great introduction to the Orlando Philharmonic and are great for all ages.
We are always adding new programs and initiatives. “Like” our Facebook page to stay in the loop!
Yes! To request a quote for an education event, contact our Education and Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com or 407.896.6700 x232.
To request information about coordinating a school visit, fill out our simple online request form and an Orlando Philharmonic representative will contact you as soon as possible.
We have several events that are perfect for families. Here is a brief list of the scheduled events we offer and the recommended age for your child. Be sure to join our Facebook page as we offer additional events through the year.
Symphony Storytime (The Plaza Live): Great for ages 3-7. Symphony Storytime includes 1 hour of pre-show activities that are perfect for ages 3-7. The concert that follows is 30 minutes long, and includes introductory music showcasing the instrument family plus the story of the day. For more information visit our Symphony Storytime page.
Young People’s Concerts: Great for grades 3-5. This 45 minute concert takes place at Bob Carr Theater on weekdays, so it’s perfect for field trips. The educational materials are created for grades 3-5, but older and younger students enjoy the concert as well because of the high quality music. This concert is perfect for students who have little experience with orchestral music and who benefit from hearing short excerpts of several types of music.
We offer educational programs in a variety of settings. Our most common venues are:
The Plaza Live (425 North Bumby Avenue | Orlando, FL 32803)
- Symphony Storytime Series
Bob Carr Theater (401 West Livingston Street | Orlando, FL 32801)
- Young People’s Concerts | Backstage Pass | Open Rehearsals
Special events are offered at various venues throughout the city. We’ve offered programs at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Loch Haven Park, Central Park (Winter Park), and many more.
Education events are available year-round. Generally, the Young People’s Concerts take place in the fall from September-November, Symphony Storytime occurs from November-May, and many of our special events occur in the Spring. ‘Like‘ us on Facebook or join our mailing list to stay in the loop.
We’re so happy you’re interested in being involved or learning more! The Friends of the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra is the volunteer organization for the Orlando Philharmonic, and offers several educational presentations each season, each focused on upcoming Orlando Philharmonic concerts. Please visit The Friends website for more information on what they offer, and how to join.
All education program offerings are un-ticketed. This allows us to minimize fees and keep costs low so these concerts are affordable for everyone!
If you’ve placed an order, you will be on our list for pre-show check-in. You should receive an automated email from us as well. If you haven’t, feel free to contact our Education and Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.896.6700, ext. 232.
Many of our Education and Outreach programs are made possible thanks generous donations from individuals, companies and foundations in our community. For more information about how you can support our Education and Outreach Programs, please contact our Director of Development at email@example.com or 407.896.6700, ext. 225 or visit our Ways You Can Give page.