Join our team to help support the Orlando Philharmonic in our mission to enrich and inspire the diverse communities of Central Florida through the transformative power of live music.
To comply with the new Transparency in Coverage regulations, UnitedHealthcare/All Savers creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided. Our company specific data will be available as of July 1st, 2022: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com
See below for Administrative Staff openings, upcoming Orchestra Auditions, and Volunteer opportunities.
Employees: Important resources can be found here.
The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra is a Partner Organization of the National Alliance for Audition Support (NAAS) via The Sphinx Organization. Learn more
Auditions are now open to violinist, cellists, and bassists for the upcoming year of the OPUS Scholars Program.
In partnership with the UCF School of Performing Arts and the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, the OPUS Scholars program is a first-of-its-kind educational curriculum which offers professional resume-building orchestral experience, formal study in all facets of performing arts administration with leaders in the field, and institution-backed support for a 21st century career.
Applying to the program is in two parts: an application to UCF College of Graduate Studies and an application/audition to UCF School of Performing Arts (audition also reviewed by OPO panel)
Title: Accounting Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
Status: full-time, non-exempt
The Orlando Philharmonic is Central Florida’s resident professional orchestra, comprised of accomplished musicians recruited from around the world. Whether you’re moved by the drama of opera, the colossal sound of a Romantic symphony, or the high energy of a rock & roll tribute, the Philharmonic has something for you.
The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the daily financial records of the company to include cash receipts, cash disbursements and payroll. Additional responsibilities include timely reconciliations of financial accounts to ensure the accuracy of transactions. The position will also perform administrative duties for senior management and support general office activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Record all cash receipts and make timely bank deposits.
- Verify all receipts are recorded appropriately.
- Process invoices for payment following approved processes.
- Maintain vendor files and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Input bi-monthly time records for payroll.
- Process and reconcile company credit card charges.
- Assist in the preparation of month end journal entries and reconciliations as necessary.
- Comply with established accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with human resources functions as needed.
- Maintain/update excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain an orderly filing system.
- Maintain office supplies and shared work areas.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience Required
- An associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Accounting software experience using QuickBooks or similar program.
- Previous experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
There are no opportunities at this time.
The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra is in need of volunteers! When you volunteer with the Philharmonic, there are a variety of different roles you can fill at concerts– including greeters, ushers, way-finders, and more.
Without the help of volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to keep the music playing throughout the Season. Each role plays a huge part in making every concert run as smoothly as possible. This is also a great way to earn community service hours, give back to the Philharmonic, and hear the music without buying a concert ticket!
Interested in being a volunteer? Click the button below to sign up and be added to our pool of volunteers in the community. (Upon clicking the button, you will be redirected to SignUpGenius.com)