Join our team to help support the Orlando Philharmonic in our mission to enrich and inspire the diverse communities of Central Florida through the transformative power of live music.
See below for Administrative Staff openings, and upcoming Orchestra Auditions.
There are currently no audition opportunities available.
Position: Accounting Coordinator
The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the daily financial records of the company to include cash receipts, cash disbursements, and payroll. Additional responsibilities include timely reconciliations of financial accounts to ensure the accuracy of transactions. The position will also perform administrative duties for senior management and support general office activities including serving as the primary interface with the Philharmonic’s IT and telephone vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Record all cash receipts and make timely bank deposits. Verify all receipts are recorded appropriately.
- Process invoices for payment following approved processes. Maintain vendor files and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Input bi-monthly time records for payroll.
- Process and reconcile company credit card charges.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations as necessary.
- Comply with established accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with human resources functions as needed.
- Maintain/update Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain an orderly filing system.
- Maintain office supplies and shared work areas.
- Interface with IT and telephone vendors as necessary. Maintain inventory of computer and telephone equipment owned by the Philharmonic with a rolling plan for replacement as equipment ages.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and in QuickBooks.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience Required
- An associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Accounting software experience using QuickBooks or a similar program.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Experience working with PC-based software, computers, and servers preferred.
Salary and Benefits
The Accounting Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible position. The annual salary is $33–$38K, commensurate with experience and qualifications. OPO offers medical and vision insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and sick leave.
Application Instructions: Send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Position: Principal Librarian
Starting Date: May 2021
Reports to: Director of Artistic Operations
The Principal Librarian is part of the Artistic Operations department and works closely with the other team members to ensure success in all performances in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The successful candidate will be responsible for the purchase, rental, and preparation of scores and parts for all Orlando Philharmonic programs.
Essential Job Functions
Music Procurement & Preparation
- Responsible for all aspects of music preparation, including but not limited to: editing, proofreading, correcting errata, facilitating the bowing process, placing conductor/guest artist markings into the parts, ensuring that rehearsal letter/numbers match between scores/parts, repairing damaged materials, scanning parts for online availability, etc.
- Arrange for the purchase or rental of materials to meet program needs for the orchestra (all Classics, Pops, Focus, educational programs, and some chamber music)
- Assist in the acquisition/preparation of materials for additional ‘fee-engagement’ programs, as hired by outside organizations (this may include Opera, Ballet, live film scores, etc.)
- Take delivery of and track incoming music, pack and ship outgoing music; maintain shipping records
- Prepare scores for live video cues
- Assist Artistic Director and Music Director in preparing supertitles as appropriate
- For rehearsals and performances, arrive a minimum of one hour early to execute any changes in bowings, to ensure all musicians have music, and to collect all music at the conclusion of a performance unit
- Assist Music Director, Conductors, Musicians, and Staff with needs related to the printed music
- Follow up with conductors and musicians after every service for possible changes and edits to parts and bowings
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, as required
Orchestra Library Maintenance
- Maintain and repair the orchestra’s collection of scores, parts, and folders
- Catalog and file music purchased for the orchestra library to ensure an accurate archive
- Make archival music boxes for the orchestra library collection
- Maintain membership for the library in the Major Orchestra Library Association
- Supervise Operations Assistant & part-time/volunteer workers
- Advise program listings, instrumentation requirements, and publishers to staff as needed or requested
- Provide projected expense figures to the Director of Artistic Operations for all planned repertoire/licensing fees/supplies during the budgeting process and as required throughout the Season
- Assist the Director of Artistic Operations in selecting programming for development and fee engagement events. Strong knowledge of easily accessible chamber music is a plus
- Maintain accurate library financial records, submit & code invoices to the finance department in a timely manner
- Provide rights-granting agencies (ASCAP/BMI) with accurate program reports as required; adhere to copyright law
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of orchestral repertoire, music theory, foreign terms, musical terms/signs, transposition, and notation
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and music notation software (Finale preferred); Experience using OPAS is a requirement
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills are essential
- Attention to detail and a sense of humor is a must
Experience and Education
- Degree in music or equivalent musical knowledge is required
- Significant experience as an orchestral librarian. 2-year minimum preferred (Ideally with a professional and/or MOLA-member Orchestra. Strong background in orchestral pops programming is a plus)
Salary and Benefits
The Principal Librarian Position is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible (available after 60-day waiting period) position. The annual salary is $35–$43K, commensurate with experience and qualifications. OPO offers medical and vision insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and sick leave.
Application Instructions: Please send a one-page resume and cover letter to:
Jamie Erpenbach, director of artistic operations
Position: Marketing Intern
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Sales
Status: part-time, based on class and work schedule
The Marketing Intern will work directly under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Sales to achieve department revenue goals, increase brand awareness of the organization, and contribute to the work of Orlando’s only professional orchestra. The position will also perform administrative duties for the department, concert attendance, and some evening and weekend work is required. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-oriented, and passionate about a career in Arts Administration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator to plan, design, and curate content for social media.
- Create and outline a template for monthly blog posts.
- Write press releases.
- Distribute promotional materials around town, driving may be required.
- Attend concerts and events for the Philharmonic, as needed.
- Submit concerts and performances on event sites and local event calendars.
- Currently works towards a degree in marketing, public relations, communications, music, arts administration, or other related fields.
- Minimum 1-2 years equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail and ability to edit copy.
- Basic graphic design work is desired.
- A basic understanding of classical music is desired.
- Previous experience with copywriting, social media management, and working with media.
- Self-directed, creative, and flexible; able to problem-solve, multi-task, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift/carry 20+ pounds, as needed.
Send resume and cover letter by Friday, May 7, 2021, to:
Cristina Venturini, director of marketing & sales
No phone calls regarding applications.
The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.